5 Easy Ways To Naturally Supercharge Your Energy
Mom Friend… Have you ever had a BAJILLION things to do but not enough energy to do them?
Nothing got done right? Or if it did, it wasn’t with good cheer. You either had a headache, was frustrated, irritated or tired while doing it.
YAAAAS! Being a mom with a career takes dedication and determination, but holding this role down SECURELY takes a Whole. Lotta. Energy. And without this important trait you’ll probably end up sitting on the couch by the end of the day while nothing gets done; anticipating the moment that everyone around you totally disappears.
Six years ago, before I sold my luxury day spa to become a Holistic Health & Wellness Coach, energy was something that I completely took for granted. I would wake up in a hurry… I ate out, needed lunch in a hurry… I ate out, perform my motherly duties in a hurry… we ate out or ate unhealthy foods. Going through the drive-through or consuming unhealthy foods became our new normal. Processed foods and unhealthy ingredients contributed to not having enough energy for myself or my daughter by the end of the day. But I didn’t know that then, I only knew that I was tired but I didn’t understand why.
“When You Know Better You Do Better.”
Mom Friend, having a lack of energy is stopping you from spending quality time with yourself and the ones you love. But it doesn’t have to.
By naturally supercharging your energy, you’ll have more than enough to give back by the end of the day.
Here are a few ways you can naturally supercharge your energy and get of the “Workin Mama Drain Train”.
1) Get more sleep, rest and relaxation-
Now, I know this is easier said than done cause when the kiddos go to bed that’s when you get the best quiet time but...
· When you are tired or stressed, your body will crave energy.
· These cravings are often a result of being sleep-deprived, going to bed late, waking up early, for months and years on end.
2) Reduce Or Eliminate Caffeine-
I know you’re not going to like this but… your morning stops to Starbucks are hurting more than are helping you. Caffeine stimulates a temporary surge in blood sugar followed by an overproduction of insulin, which causes a blood sugar crash within hours. This roller-coaster causes weight gain since insulin's message to the body is to store excess sugar as fat.
3) Evaluate the amount of animal food you eat-
· Eating too much meat, dairy, chicken and eggs can lead to low energy. So can eating too little... I want you to experiment and Respect your body’s individuality.
4.) Get rid of relationships that drain you-
People can drain you of your energy. It doesn’t mean that they are bad, but it is good to notice who drains you and why. See if you can transform those relationships by communicating and setting boundaries, or end the relationship all together.
5) Eat dark leafy green vegetables-
I can’t stress this enough...
· Green is associated with spring, the time of renewal and refreshing, vital energy.
· Greens are full of vitamins and nutrients and great for improving circulation, lifting the spirit, purifying the blood and strengthening the immune system.
· Broccoli, collards, bok choy, kale, mustard greens, broccoli rabe, arugula and dandelion greens are some of the many to choose from.
See, that wasn’t so bad was it? Now you can upgrade your energy and still be that awesome woman, mom, wife, boss and all the other hats you wear at the same time. I challenge you to apply this to your life today and share this post with another career, mom you care about.
Want to learn how to create simple, healthier meals so you can have more energy and save time in the kitchen? Click Here To Learn More!