5 Fun Facts About Celery You Didn't Know
Did you know celery was one of the healthiest veggies out there? Celery is a veggie that is often skipped over, or not given too much thought. Unless, we are eating some wings at your favorite wing spot, a lot of us don't think twice about celery. Ladies, in order to be a complete women, we have to educate ourselves, so I'm going to educate you on some fun facts that I bet you didn't know about celery. Maybe this will convince you to eat more celery.
- Super Hydrating- Celery is high in water content (95% water) and electrolytes, which are vital for proper hydration and cellular functions. A lot of us are not hydrated enough and don't even know it. That's why it's great to mix celery in a smoothie after an intense workout.
- Has a great amount of water-soluble and insoluble fiber- This helps support a healthy elimination function, blood sugar regulation and nutrient absorption. You didn't know that huh?
- It Aids Weight Loss- One large celery stalk contains only 10 kcal, while nourishing your body with healthy nutrients. I bet you are going to start eating more celery now...
- It's Good For Your Eyes- Mama always said eat your carrots for your eyes, but I think she missed celery. One cup of chopped celery contains 10 percent of your daily need for Vitamin A, which a vital nutrient to support good eye health.
- It helps In Boosting Your Immune System- This is definitely cold season. A lot of our immune systems are weak due to our environment, the foods we eat, and or life styles. Due to its high vitamin C and other antioxidants content, regularly eating celery can reduce your risk of catching the common cold as well as protecting you against a variety of other diseases.
I bet you didn't know any of these facts, did you? I really hope this will convince you to start eating more celery and not with that ranch dressing that's been in your fridge for too many months.