5 Ways to Get Fruit & Veggies In
My So7 Ladies, we’ve heard it before and now we are telling our children the same thing!
Eat your fruits & veggies!
As we know, fruits & veggies are loaded with nutrients, vitamins, fiber & water! Not to mention, they keep us healthy, which means less trips to the Doc. And THAT means they write fewer prescriptions. (Sorry Docs)
Here are 5 tips that can help you & the kiddos to get more Fruits & Veggies In! 🍉🍅🍆
- Add peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms or onions to your eggs for a delicious omelet, or pile the whole scramble on your favorite bread, tortilla, or bagel for a booster breakfast sandwich.
- Stuff them into sandwiches. A sandwich is another blank canvas just waiting to get stuffed with color. Take your routine turkey sandwich and jazz it up with sliced apples, cucumber, zucchini, sprouts, and spinach. A 1/2 cup of this colorful combination just scored you another serving.
- Make it a #MeatlessMonday ! One day a week, cut out the meat. (And Monday seems to be a good day to do so.) It’s a great way to eat more fruit and vegetables. By eliminating meat once a week, you may even come out saving a buck or two. (want more? Check out my blog every Monday for a yummy recipe)
- Introduce new Chips! Glorify the greens. Toss the Potato Chips out the window, and create new ones! Not only are greens an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, and calcium, but they make fabulous chips. Kale, mustard greens, collard greens… make fabulous chips!
- Make a Smoothie! Surprisingly, some vegetables make great fiber-filling smoothie additions. Try carrots, a 1/2 cup of creamy canned pumpkin, or cooked sweet potato for a tasty addition
Try these simple tips out and let me know in the comments below how they worked for you!
Toye Releford-Penny is a Certified Holistic Coach who helps busy working moms find simple ways to eat healthier. She works with Mama Bears on a mission…moms who are making a difference in the world.