Almond Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
I'm not really a fan of cookies, but I LOVE these! Especially for breakfast when I am on the go! Even the kiddos will love these! Only 30 min. to prepare! Ingredients:
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax seed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
- 1 medium to large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal (finely ground from raw almonds)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (finely ground from gluten free oats)
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries* (or other dried fruit), plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- In a large bowl combine flaxseed meal and water and let rest for 5 minutes to achieve "eggy" texture.
- Mash in the bananas until well combined, then add applesauce and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add peanut butter or almond butter, vanilla, melted coconut oil, maple syrup or agave nectar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and whisk thoroughly.
- Add oats, almond meal and oat flour and mix well until just combined. The batter will look a little wet and sticky - that’s good!
- Add walnuts and dried blueberries and stir until just combined . Refrigerate batter for 5 minutes to harden and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Use a Tablespoon, small spoon, or cookie scoop to scoop batter onto your baking sheet, then press down slightly with your fingers to spread out a little. They won't expand much, so you can put the cookies pretty close together. Top with a few more dried blueberries and press gently to adhere.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown on the edges.