Avocado Black Bean Soup
This one pot meal is perfect for you Mama Bear! It's quick, healthy, hearty and makes your tummy go yummy.. This recipe takes 40 min. to prepare and make. Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp avocado, grape seed or coconut oil
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red or orange pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups Red Chipotle Salsa (or any blended or chunky spicy salsa)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 2 15-ounce black beans cooked in salt, slightly drained
- 1 15.25-ounce whole kernel corn, drained
FOR SERVING optional
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Red onion, diced
- Tortilla chips
- Ripe avocado, cubed
- Hot sauce
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, onion, pepper, a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and the peppers have a bit of color.
- Add cumin and chili powder and stir to coat. Then add salsa, vegetable stock and coconut sugar. Stir to combine, then increase heat to medium heat and bring to a low boil.
- Once it’s boiling, add black beans and corn and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the more the flavor will develop. It’s even better the next day.
- Serve as is or with recommended serving options above.