Blood Orange Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 small ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced + frozen
- 3/4 cup (~120 g) frozen pineapple (or sub more banana)
- 2 blood oranges, juiced (~1/2 cup or 120 ml)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) light coconut milk (carton beverage or canned)
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45 ml) fresh lime juice (for tartness // add to taste)
- 2 big handfuls (~60 g) fresh or frozen greens (kale + spinach are best // organic when possible)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add more liquid if it has trouble blending. Add ice to thicken. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana to sweeten, or lime juice for tartness.
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep well-covered in the refrigerator up to 2 days.