Creamed Kale & Spinach Dip
This creamy kale and spinach dip will have you being stingy with the Hubby and Kiddos. As a busy, working mom, it's great to have something you can call your own. Packed with greens that bring vitamins A,C,D, and E to the table, plus more. This is a great way to sneak the greens in. Great for parties, and girls night too. Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups cashews, soaked overnight or in boiling hot water for 1 hour (then thoroughly drained)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (sub up to half with water)
- 4-6 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, or fresh
- 3 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (vegan if preferred)
- veggies, chips, or 1/2 baguette sliced and toasted, for serving (optional)
- If you haven’t soaked your cashews yet, do so the night before in room temperature water, or 1 hour before in very hot water. Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a small, oven-safe serving dish (see photo for size reference).
- Add soaked and drained cashews to a blender with almond milk and puree into a cream. Add 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, 3/4 tsp sea salt and mix once more. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. You want it pretty cheesy and well-salted, Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in 1 Tbsp olive oil and then add spinach and kale. Season with a healthy pinch (1/4 tsp) of sea salt and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted, then remove from heat.
- Add 3/4 of the cashew cream and toss to combine. If it can take more, add it in. Otherwise, reserve the rest for pasta or other uses. Add 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese for additional texture/flavor and stir.
- Add to prepared baking dish and top with remaining parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 15-20 minutes, or until warmed through and sightly browned on top.
- Before serving, top with additional parmesan cheese if desired. Other add-ons might include red pepper flake or hemp seeds.
Serve with assorted vegetables, tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted baguette.