Ginger Kale Salad
I love a good Kale Salad!! So should you!! Here's a recipe that only takes 30 minutes to prepare and it's great for when you are on the go!! Ingredients:
- 1 cup green beans, stems removed, steamed and chopped
- 1 tsp tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- optional: 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 bundles lacinato (non curly) kale, torn into bite-size pieces, large stalks removed
- 3 whole carrots, chopped or ribboned*
- 1/2 red bell pepper , quartered and thinly sliced
- optional: 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro or basil
- 1/3 cup roasted salted cashews (or sub peanuts)
- 1/3 cup salted cashew butter (or sub peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- optional: 1 tsp chili garlic sauce or 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- Steam green beans slightly so they still have a bite, either in a steamer basket on the stovetop, or in the microwave. Then transfer to a small mixing bowl and top with tamari, sesame oil, maple syrup, and sesame seeds (optional). Toss to combine, then transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Once hot, add sesame oil and shallot. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the meantime, add kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with a bit of lime juice and sesame oil and use your hands to massage the kale to soften and remove some of the bitterness. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing in a small mixing bowl by whisking together all ingredients and thinning with a little hot water until pourable.
- Add green beans, sautéed shallot, and remaining salad ingredients to kale and toss with dressing. Enjoy immediately.