Grilled Pineapple Watercress & Avocado Salad
I personally love salads!! You can mix so many things together and make a plate of health! This salad, has some of my favorite ingredients in it. This is what I call an "Adult" Salad. Make this for the hubby/spouse at home and he will love you forever!!
Ingredients 1 bunch watercress 1 pineapple, peeled, cored,and cut into 1-inch thick slices 1 avocado 1 small red onion 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil Drizzle of apple cider vinegar or fresh lime juice Sprinkle of coconut palm sugar Ground cumin, to taste Himalayan salt, to taste Black pepper, taste
- Rinse watercress in colander.
- Discard any yellow leaves. Pat dry with paper towel or spin dry.
- Set stovetop grill or barbecue to medium-high heat
- Place the pineapple to grill and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side,until golden brown
- While pineapple is grilling , place garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar or lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Taste for seasoning. Set aside
- De-pit and cut avocado into 1-inch cubes
- Place the watercress in a medium bowl and toss he rest of the dressing.
- Add pineapple and avocado to the same bowl and toss with the restive the dressing
- Mound the pineapple and avocado over the watercress.
- Garnish with silver of red onion and serve immediately