Raw Strawberry Dessert Pizza
Since family will be over for Easter, how about preparing dessert. Even, if you don't prepare this for your Easter guest, this is still a great recipe to prepare at home for your family or yourself. There is something about a healthy dessert! Yummy to my tummy!!
- 1 cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, in solid state + more for greasing the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Generous pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Cashew cream "sauce"
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2-4 hours, drained, and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate sauce:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, in liquid form
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- Make the crust:
- Lightly grease the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine the dates, almonds, and oats in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S-blade. Process for 1-2 minutes, until all of the ingredients come together like dough and are similar in size, with no large chunks remaining. Add the cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt, then process to incorporate.
- Add the dark chocolate chips to the processor and pulse until the chips are incorporated into the dough, but not chopped.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and gently press the crust into it, beginning in the center and working towards the edges. Be mindful to keep the crust even across the bottom, then work the dough about an inch up the side of the pan to form the "crust". Set aside.
- Make the cashew cream sauce:
- In a food processor fitted with the S-blade, combine the cashews, water, lemon juice, agave, and salt. Blend until smooth, 3-5 minutes. Pour the blended sauce into the center of the prepared crust and gently spread it towards the edges, leaving a 1-inch border. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- Make the chocolate sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, agave, cacao powder, and vanilla. If you have a small squeeze bottle, you can transfer the syrup to the bottle at this point, otherwise you can drizzle the syrup with a spoon later. Set aside in a warm place -- don't refrigerate this mixture or it will solidify!
- Top the pizza:
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer 10 minutes before you want to start decorating the pizza; allowing the crust to thaw slightly will help it separate from the pan. Remove the pizza from the pan and transfer it to a serving platter. Layer strawberries on the crust, starting at the 12 o'clock position on the outer edge of the cashew cream and working in a circle towards the center, gently overlapping each layer until you have reached the middle. If you have any strawberry slices left, gently tuck them in wherever you see a gap.
- Drizzle the strawberries with chocolate sauce, cut the pizza into wedges, and serve immediately. You can also store the pizza in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours until ready to serve.
Notes: Prep time includes 4 hours for freezing the crust and soaking the cashews. [/av_textblock]
[av_content_slider heading='' columns='2' animation='slide' navigation='arrows' autoplay='false' interval='5' font_color='' color=''] [av_content_slide title='Need some Inspiration?' link='manually,http://so7health.com/product/so7-cooking-class/' linktarget='_blank']
Learn how to cook healthy! [/av_content_slide] [av_content_slide title='Need some Information?' link='manually,http://so7health.com/product/health-food-store-tour/' linktarget='_blank']
Learn how to shop healthy! [/av_content_slide] [/av_content_slider]