So7 Zesty Veggie Pita Pizza
Here's a recipe that you would just adore. It's quick, colorful and yummy all at the same time. The fam will just love it!! If you are making it for the kiddos, make it fun and use cookie cutters to make shapes out of the pizza. Enjoy! Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 1 large or 1 personal size pita 100% whole-wheat (get creative with your bread)
- Olive oil (First Cold Pressed)
- 1/2 cup(s) assorted fresh vegetables (for this recipe I am using mushrooms, onions red and/or yellow Bell Peppers of all colors and baby Spinach. You can choose to add other veggies such as small broccoli or cauliflower florets, red sweet pepper strips, and/or chopped carrot etc. if you choose )
- 1/4 cup(s) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded cheese (I’m using Asiago and sharp cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
Meanwhile, coat an unheated small skillet with first cold press Olive Oil. Preheat over medium heat. Add the vegetables; cook and stir until crisp-tender. (Don’t overcook)
3. Spread marinara sauce on pita bread rounds; sprinkle with cooked vegetables and cheese. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes more or until light brown. Add Parmesan and serve warm.
Note: You can also add meat or seafood to this recipe. To make this recipe kid friendly, take some cookie cutter shapes like triangles, smiley faces, hearts etc. and make neat shapes out of the pizza before you place it in the oven and watch the kids eyes light up.