Sun Dried Tomato Pea Pasta
This yummy, plant based meal can be added with your favorite meat or by it self. It's gluten free and and has arugula in it! A great way to get your greens in Mama Bear!! Oh!! It only takes 30 min!! Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup packed flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, plus more for serving
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Pinch sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces gluten free pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup arugula, organic when possible
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, prepare pesto. To a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, vegan parmesan cheese and sea salt. Mix to combine. While the machine is running, stream in olive oil through the spout.
- Continue blending, scraping down sides as needed, until creamy and fully combined. If it has trouble blending add a bit more olive oil or water.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity/brightness, vegan parmesan for cheesy flavor, salt for saltiness, or peas for sweetness.
- Next add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Be sure not to overcook, and drain when noodles are ‘al dente’ and still have a slight bite to them. Return to pan off heat and set aside.
- Once your pasta is drained, heat a large saucepan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant but not yet browned.
- Turn off heat and remove skillet from burner, then add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter or mixing bowl and add 3/4 of pea pesto and the arugula. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm with additional pesto on the side, and garnish generously with additional parsley, pine nuts, and vegan parmesan cheese.