Tumeric Carrot Ginger Smoothie
Turmeric Ginger Carrot Smoothie 20 min.
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 large ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen (more for a sweeter smoothie)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (1 small knob, peeled)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (or sub cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Make carrot juice by adding carrots and filtered water to a high speed blender and blending on high until completely pureed and smooth. Add more water if it has trouble blending / scrape down sides as needed.
- Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. Set aside pulp for smoothies.
- Transfer carrot juice to a mason jar .
- To the blender add smoothie ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more banana or pineapple for sweetness, lemon for acidity, ginger for bite, and turmeric for warmth.