Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs 45 min.
PEANUT BUTTER EGGS
- 1 cup creamy salted peanut butter* (just peanuts + salt)
- 2-4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2/3 - 1 cup almond meal or flour*
WHITE CHOCOLATE SHELL
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped cocoa butter, melted
- 1-3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional:Pinch sea salt
- Add peanut butter to a medium mixing bowl along with maple syrup and stir to combine. This should thicken the peanut butter, depending on the quality/brand of peanut butter you're using.
- Add almond meal according to how thick the mixture is. If still runny, you may need to add 1 cup (or slightly more). If thick, start with 2/3 cup. You're going for a thick, moldable dough that's still moist.
- Use a cookie scoop or Tablespoon to scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts and gently form into a disc/egg shape. Set on a parchment-lined dish or baking sheet and continue until all dough is formed - about 14-15 eggs.
- Transfer to the freezer to chill while making the white chocolate shell.
- Add macadamia nuts and desiccated coconut to a food processor and blend/mix on high until a smooth paste forms, scraping down sides as needed. Then add melted cocoa butter, maple syrup (or powdered sugar), vanilla, and sea salt (optional). Mix once more to combine.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more maple syrup for sweetness, vanilla for vanilla flavor, or salt for saltiness. Set aside.
- Once the peanut butter eggs are slightly firm to the touch, remove from freezer and use a spoon or a fork to gently dip the eggs in white chocolate, making sure all sides are coated. Then tap off excess and return to parchment-lined dish or baking sheet. Repeat until all eggs are dipped. Then place the eggs back in the freezer to set.
- Once the shell is firm to the touch, remove from freezer and dip the eggs once more (repeating the process above). This makes the shell more opaque and thick, which makes the eggs easier to handle and package. Then place back in the freezer to set once more.
- Enjoy immediately!